Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Supernatural

I pull gravity from the earth’s core when I write,
so my words levitate off the paper.
I can’t sleep at night, mind's too elevated.
Astral-projecting thru phases of the earth’s rotation;
as I hustle moon-dust and sling lunar rocks
and walk the surface of the sun
so my essence is made ecliptic.

With the power of a tribal mystic
I conjure ancient spirits
to extract the venom from my fangs
and decontaminate my veins
so the blood flow to my brain is pure enough to sustain my equilibrium.
So I achieve balance as I travel this middle passage

The path laid b4 me is righteous
I just stroll with the cadence of my ancestor’s drums.
Some can’t see the wounds festering on my skin,
I painted over them with the tribal symbols of Ancient Warrior women. 
The battle scars of sin discolor my melanin & I'm fading into an abyss, but I'm too fuckin rebellious to die from this...
Used night vision goggles to search for my identity in the darkness

Follow this path to the knowledge of self
the wealth of my existence no longer hinges
on politickin’ with signifying monkeys with funky breath
from the shit they eject  out of mouths with rotten flesh;
a blatant disrespect of my intellect.

I erect Queendoms with my innerstanding;
demanding the blood of false prophets, rocking the foundations of the wicked
in counterfeit temples.
Simple minds read the lines and never in between.

Never mistake me born a universal Queen possessing 3rd eye vision
Expanding ur knowledge like helium
or a mother’s womb like 30 seconds b4 birth.
Like ur lungs when u inhale my verse.
Giving you metaphoric indigestion
as ur mental intestines are digesting my lyrical lessons. 

With each meditation, I sharpen my weapon
and   
& I'm manifesting the spiritual
to make my thoughts 3 dimensional. 
So u can feel what chu readin' & see what I'm sayin'. 
I'm weighin' in heavy like Frazier. 
Pound for pound, 
I'm dope like that lime green loud. 

I be Queen Kush from Kemet; 
sculpted from the sands of Zion. 
Descended from Judah's Lion; 
I was pressed for this
Blessed for this. 
I was gifted this
soul of a lyricist. 

©2016 Shay Holt (Impresse)
©2012 S.H

2 comments:

  1. Creative Collaboration: Keep this going. Upon completion it shall be titled accordingly.

    A storm assaults my brain
    Twisting my thoughts into dark clouds
    Winds of chaos & dissention
    Force me to utter obscenities out loud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't control the voices telling me not to filter. Insisting, everyone knows exactly what I'm thinking. Sinking into an abyss of incontentment, trying to take everyone that will listen...with me...

      NEXT!!

      Delete